What is Plama Fibroblast Skin Tightening?
Fibroblast Skin Tightening or Plasma Fibroblast Tightening is a non-laser treatment using a device to deliver energy in the form of plasma to rejuvenate skin. This process improves facial lines and wrinkles and skin pigmentation associated with sun damage and aging.
How Does Fibroblast Work?
To understand how plasma skin regeneration works a basic understanding of skin structure is required.
Briefly, the skin consists of 3 layers, the epidermis, dermis and subcutis. The epidermis contains pigment-producing cells called melanocytes, which are responsible for skin coloring. The dermis is made up of collagen and elastin fibers that provide skin with strength, toughness, elasticity and pliability. Subcutaneous tissue, which is also known as the hypodermis, is the innermost layer of skin. It’s made up of fat and connective tissues that house larger blood vessels and nerves.
As we age, the appearance and quality of our skin changes. The epidermis becomes thinner, so blemishes become more visible, and collagen in the dermis is gradually lost which contributes to the formation of facial lines, sagging skin and wrinkles.
Fibroblast Skin Tightening technology uses energy delivered from plasma rather than light or radio frequency. It’s interesting to note that compared to other skin regeneration modalities (i.e. laser, radio frequency, IPL), plasma renewed skin is super healthy and full of naturally hydrating hyaluronic acid.
The TRUE plasma tool works by delivering small pulses of nitrogen-based plasma to the skin via a hand piece. Within the hand piece, a direct high frequency generator excites inert nitrogen gas, which is converted into activated ionized gas called plasma. This plasma-containing energy is directed through a nozzle out of the tip of the hand piece and onto the skin. The energy delivered produces a heating action that works at the skin’s surface to treat old photo-damaged epidermal cells and promote collagen reorganization and growth. Nothing touches your skin except the pulse (blast) of the plasma.
*****Please note that here are MANY subpar machines on the market that are just glorified mole burners. Please ask questions to ANY practitioner you use to make sure they are using true plasma machine and have PROPER TRAINING or CERTIFIED. There is a noticeable difference between the two and areas where a burner is used are statistically have a higher potential to scar.****
How Many Treatments Are Required?
Treatment protocols for very saggy areas call for two to four treatments, however many clients are happy with results from just one. Although all treatments improve fine lines, wrinkles, tone, texture and sun spots, skin tightening is more pronounced with 2 or more treatments.
Who is Suitable for Fibroblast Skin Tightening?
Fibroblast Skin Tightening is used to rejuvenate skin by improving facial lines and wrinkles, and skin pigmentation associated with sun damage. It is best performed during the early signs of aging such as:
- Early jowling
- Loose skin
- Creasing around the nose and mouth
- Wrinkling around the nose and mouth
- Saggy neck
- Droopy or hooded eyes
What Does the Entire Treatment Include?
- Full consultation to determine health of skin and areas of concern, your goals and treatment plan.
- Pretreatment photos to use as a gauge for progress/results.
- A topical anesthetic cream is applied 30 minutes under LED before treatment starts.
- Treatment with Fibroblast Plasma pen to desired areas. A localized sensation of heat will be felt.
- Client leaves with aftercare instructions and a loaner LED to use nightly to expedite healing.
- Follow up via texted photos and telephone the first week.
- In person visit after one week to assess recovery and to return the loaner LED light.
Post-Treatment and Recovery
The Fibroblast Skin Tightening treatment will cause redness of the skin, in addition, the skin turning brown and shedding or flaking for 5-10 days after treatment. IMPORTANT NOTE: You must NOT pick at this skin to avoid scarring.
During the healing phase and for several months after treatment, it is recommended to protect the treatment area using a moisturizing sunblock with an SPF of at least 50+. Protective clothing and wide-brimmed hats should also be used.
Usually, results are immediate and progressive. Clinical studies show that improvement progression continues for at least 6 months after treatment.
What are the Side Effects and Complications?
Fibroblast Skin Tightening is very well tolerated by most clients. Makeup can be applied once tiny scabs have fallen off after treatment. In most cases, clients return to work about 3-5 days after treatment.
Some of the side effects and complications that may occur are:
- Scaling, peeling and some crusting
- Redness and swelling for up to one week after treatment – this can be eased by using the LED machine you are loaned after your treatment. Use the LED nightly for 30 minutes. This will speed healing and provide easy recovery.
- Without the use of LED, redness can persist up to 2 – 4 weeks after treatment and can be covered with makeup as it fades.
- Temporary hyperpigmentation
How Do I Schedule An Appointment?
Schedule your consultation appointment HERE . Your consultation will be approximately 2 weeks prior to your Fibroblast treatment to ensure pretreatment protocol is given for optimal results.
Treatment Areas & Approximate Pricing
(all treatments are customized. Thus pricing is discussed during consultation. All treatments include aftercare and followup appointment)
- Forehead Lines (including 11’s): $500+
- Just the 11’s: $300+
- Brow Lift :$450+
- Crows Feet: $300+
- Forehead, Brow Lift, & Crows Feet: $1100+
- Top Total Lift (Forehead, Brow Lift, 11’s. Crow’s Feet” $1200+
- Upper Eyelid Lift: $500+
- Upper Eyelid Lift & Crow’s Feet: $600+
- Upper & Lower Eyelid Tightening and Lift: $700+
- Under Eye Lift & Smooth: $500+
- Under Eye Lift & Smooth with Crow’s Feet: $600+
- Middle Trio (Eyelids, Under eyes, Crow’s Feet): $1100+
- Smile Lines: $400+
- Upper Lip Plump: $400+
- Full Lip Plump (Lip Flip): $600+
- Smokers Lines: $600+ depending on the severity
- Cheek Lines: $400-$800+ depending on how many
- Cheek Lift: $700+ depending on surface area
- Total Facelift: $2500+
- Jowls & Jawline: $800-$1000+
- Turkey Neck: $600-$1000+
- Jowls/Jawline & Turkey Neck: $1200+
- Neck Lift: $1000-$1800+
- Total Neck Lift (Jowls/Jawline, Turkey Neck, and Full Neck) : $1500-$2500+
- Decollete: $1250+
- Belly Button Lift: $500+
- Tummy Makeover: $1200-$4000+
- Breast Lift: $1200-$2000+
- Nipple Lift: $500+
- Top of Hands: $750+
- Sun/Age Spots: starts at $300 and depends on size (surface area) and how many
Nicole DuBois RN, Licensed Esthetician, CAHP
Aura Skin & Wellness Center
1213 N. Kingshighway
Cape Girardeau, Mo 63701
(Located inside Karen Oliver & Company Salon)